2016 Western Sydney Arts Fellowship
The Western Sydney Arts Fellowship is offered by the State Government to enable an artist or arts/cultural worker from Western Sydney to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
The Fellowship is open to professional artists, creative partnerships or groups, and arts/cultural workers at any stage in their career from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts and culture, literature, music, theatre, screen, community arts, curatorial and the visual arts.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the 2016 Western Sydney Arts Fellowship Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 8 August 2016
Applications close: 19 September 2016 (5pm, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- To be eligible to apply, you must be a professional artist or arts/cultural worker resident in the Western Sydney region.
- Funding is available for activities commencing after 1 January 2017.
- Fellowship recipients will be awarded $50,000. Please do not request more or less than this amount in your application.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised practitioners or organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- creation of new work
- any combination of the above.
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system available from 8 August.