2016 NSW Regional Arts Fellowship
The NSW Regional Arts Fellowship is offered by the State Government to enable an artist or arts/cultural worker from regional NSW to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
The Fellowship is open to professional artists, practitioners, creative partnerships or groups, and arts and cultural workers at any stage in their career from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts, literature, music, theatre, screen, community arts, curatorial and the visual arts.
In 2016, three Regional Arts Fellowships will be offered.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the 2016 Regional Arts Fellowship Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 20 June 2016
Applications close: 2 August 2016 (5pm, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- professional artists, practitioners, creative partnerships/groups, or arts and cultural workers who are;
- living and working in regional NSW.
Funding is available for activities commencing after 31 October 2016.
Fellowship recipients will be awarded $50,000.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include a combination of:
- international and/or national travel
- mentorships or internships with recognised professional practitioners or organisations
- residencies at institutions or organisations
- an outstanding opportunity of significance to the applicant’s practice
- short-term courses, workshops or other training at recognised institutions or organisations
- research and development
- skills development
- creation of new work (note: the Fellowship is not available solely for the creation of new work).
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system available from 20 June.