2016 NSW Young Regional Artist Scholarship
Applications for the Young Regional Artist Scholarship have closed.
The NSW Young Regional Artist Scholarships are offered by the State Government to support innovative young artists and arts and cultural workers from regional NSW to undertake a self-directed professional development program in their chosen field.
The scholarships are open to artists and performers from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts, literature, music, theatre, screen and the visual arts.
The scholarships are for an individual’s program of professional development. A program of professional development can be a combination of professional development activities relating to the fields of art and culture that will benefit your artistic practice and career.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the 2016 Young Regional Artist Scholarship Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 15 April 2016
Applications close: 4 July 2016 (Midday, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- individual artists and arts/cultural workers, who are;
- aged between 18 – 25 years old (on 1 October 2016)
- a resident of regional NSW.
Funding is available for activities commencing after 1 October 2016.
Scholarship recipients will be awarded $10,000. Please do not request more or less than this amount in your application.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include a combination of:
- mentorships or internships with recognised arts organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (note: the Scholarship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- creation of new work
- periods of research and development
- skills development
To apply for funding through this Scholarship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system available from 15 April.