2016 NSW History Fellowship
The NSW History Fellowship is offered by the State Government to a historian/ practitioner working with history to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
The program of professional development is to enable the acquisition or development of skills, create new work or research, develop networks or mentorships, whether through
facilitated formal or informal learning opportunities.
The Fellowship will also offer a unique opportunity to undertake a commissioned piece of research with the Australian Museum based on its significant NSW Aboriginal collection.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the 2016 History Fellowship Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 10 August 2016
Applications close: 26 September 2016 (5pm, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
- To be eligible to apply, you must be a historian/practitioner working in the discipline of history.
- The applicant should also be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident; and a
- NSW resident (which is defined as being resident for at least 12 months prior to making an application).
- Funding is available for activities commencing 1 December 2016.
- The Fellowship includes a $30,000 cash component, and an opportunity to undertake a commission with the Australian Museum of $20,000. These two opportunities may be awarded independently of each other.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised historians or historical organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- skills development
- creation of new work
- any combination of the above.
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system available from 10 August.