Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund
Applications for the 2016 NSW Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund have now closed.
The 2016 NSW Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund (ARAF) supports arts projects that celebrate and promote Aboriginal cultural identities in regional NSW and, by doing so, make the rich and diverse Aboriginal cultures of regional NSW more visible and accessible.
- up to $5,000 for individual professional artists
- up to $15,000 for organisations.
Who is eligible to apply?
- individuals or organisations residing in or based in regional NSW
- arts projects with Aboriginal people in key creative roles, or which incorporate Aboriginal people and cultures as the focus or as the presenters of the work
- for the purposes of this fund regional NSW includes Central Coast, Newcastle and Wollongong and is defined as the areas or regions outside Greater Sydney.
Projects must commence on or after 1 July 2016 but can run until December 2017.
The objectives of the NSW Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund are to:
- enable Aboriginal communities in regional NSW to explore and express their cultural identities
- promote regional Aboriginal artists, arts and culture in NSW
- build local and regional community engagement and awareness of Aboriginal arts
- build the capacity and sustainability of Aboriginal arts organisations in regional NSW
- increase professional and skills development opportunities for Aboriginal artists living in regional NSW.
Types of activities funded:
- arts activities as part of festivals or events
- artist-in-residence programs
- public art and design projects
- other local arts initiatives
- professional development.
Applications will be assessed against the Assessment Criteria outlined in the 2016 NSW Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund Guidelines. Applicants are required to review the guidelines before submitting an application.
Applications must be consistent with the objectives of the NSW Aboriginal Arts and Cultural Strategy. Applicants should also consider Arts NSW’s Protocols for Aboriginal Arts and Culture for information on consulting with Aboriginal organisations and communities.
See How to Apply for further information.
Go to the Arts NSW online application system to register and apply.
The Aboriginal Cultural Development team at Arts NSW is available to provide advice to potential applicants:
Jake Gordon, Administration, Aboriginal Cultural Development
Telephone: 02 9995 0537
Free call: 1800 358 594 (within NSW)
Other funding opportunities for Indigenous artists and organisations
Other useful links