NSW Exhibition Team Leader
Applications are now open for the NSW Exhibition Team Leader role as part of the Professional Development program for Tracey Moffatt’s exhibition in the Australian pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2017.
One position is available for a Western Sydney or regional NSW based team leader.
This position provides an opportunity for one Exhibition Team Leader from NSW to take part in the Professional Development program for Tracey Moffatt at the 57th Venice Biennale 2017, curated by Natalie King with Commissioner Naomi Milgrom AO. This position is jointly supported by the Australia Council and Arts NSW.
Before you apply, please download a copy of the application guidelines and contact Arts NSW staff to discuss your application.
Applications open: 31 October 2016
Applications close: 21 November 2016 (5pm, AEST – Sydney time)
You will be provided with:
- return economy class airfare from your capital city to Venice. Please indicate in your application if you are travelling from regional/ remote areas as additional travel and accommodation costs may be covered.
- a daily per diem of $70 AUD to cover needs, incidentals and local travel
- shared apartment accommodation (private room)
- 24 hour travel insurance for the time you are contracted.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this role you must be:
- A resident of regional NSW or Western Sydney. This is defined as being resident for at least 12 months prior to making an application. Evidence of address must be provided. For the purpose of this program regional NSW and Western Sydney is defined as Local Government Areas (LGAs) outside the metropolitan of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong (further details are provided in the application guidelines)
- a professional arts/cultural worker.
Each application against the following criteria:
- Artistic and cultural merit: clear artistic or cultural vision, contribution and relevance to artform or cultural practice
- Benefit: well-articulated benefit to the professional development of the applicants practice/career
- Knowledge: the applicant has excellent knowledge of the contemporary visual arts sector and the work of the 2017 Venice Biennale artist Tracey Moffatt
- International: the applicant situates the importance of arts and cultural engagement in an international context to their practice/career.
How to apply?
To apply for the Aboriginal Emerging Curator position you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system by 21 November 2016.