Project funding – Arts and Cultural Projects
Arts and Cultural Projects funding supports professional arts and cultural projects at any stage of the creative process.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Applications open: 16 May 2016
Applications close: 27 June 2016 (5pm, AEST – Sydney time)
Who can apply?
• Individual artists and arts/cultural workers
• Partnerships and groups
Projects must commence in 2017 and be completed within a 24 month timeframe.
Up to $60,000 for projects delivered within 12 months OR
Up to $75,000 for projects delivered over more than 12 months
Types of activities funded:
• creative development and/or public presentation of work/s
• commissioning of professional artists (for example, a writer/composer/choreographer/visual artist) to develop a work for an event
• partnerships (including those the non-arts sector) to develop arts and culture in a specific region, priority area or artform/discipline
• community collaborations involving professional artists to develop skills, public performances, exhibitions or participatory events
• development and presentation of a new museum display featuring items from current and/or new or borrowed collections
• arts and cultural activities aimed at engaging young people, particularly students attending geographically and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged schools
• extending an artist’s or organisation’s practice, audiences or markets
• developing and deepening audience engagement with arts and culture.
Please note: to apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system.