Have your say – ministerial taskforce on health and arts
NSW Health has recently established a Ministerial Taskforce on Health and the Arts.
The Taskforce will develop a Framework to support integration of the arts across the whole of the NSW Health system and ensure consistency with the National Arts and Health Framework and the NSW Arts and Cultural Policy Framework: Create in NSW.
The Taskforce will also provide specific guidance in relation to the following:
- A range of mechanisms and models for incorporating the arts into the design of health facilities and the delivery of health services within them, and the broader community
- A range of governance mechanisms and models for funding arts initiatives across NSW Health
- A ‘clearing house’ or online portal to foster dialogue, information and ideas on ways to encourage and fund the arts across NSW Health.
The Taskforce is running series of consultation workshops to encourage dialogue, participation and seek views on the integration of health and the Arts. The Taskforce is seeking the input of arts professionals, key organisations, carers, artists and the broader community from urban, rural and remote areas of the state.
Four workshops have been scheduled between now and February 2016 and you are invited to come along to have your input to the development of the framework. Arts NSW encourages broad participation, and would be grateful for your support in forwarding this to your colleagues and networks.
If you would like to attend a workshop, please register for one of the following:
- Monday 30 November 2015 at the Eternity Playhouse, Darlinghurst, Sydney – click here to register
- Monday 7 December 2015 at the Royal Newcastle Centre Lecture Theatre, Level 3, John Hunter Hospital – click here to register
- Wednesday 9 December 2015 at the Casula Powerhouse Art Centre, Casula, Sydney – click here to register
- Wednesday 3 February 2016 at Orange Hospital, Orange, NSW – click here to register
If you cannot attend a workshop but would like to have your say, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on the Taskforce and its Terms of Reference is available on the NSW Health website at: www.health.nsw.gov.au/arts
- the range of mechanisms and models for incorporating the arts into the design of health facilities and the delivery of health services
- the range of governance mechanisms and models for funding arts initiatives across NSW Health; and
- a clearing house mechanism to facilitate an exchange of information and ideas on the incorporation and funding of the arts across NSW Health.
Published: 18 November 2015